Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 A Not So Stray Doggie

The slowness of today allowed me to be present even when I was not so keen on it. My kids fell in love with a "stray" dog, whom is now at home with his "real" family. I promise you there was much to be crossed off the to do lists, but I hung with the doggie and kids for much of the day. I finally forced myself to do the right thing and find out whom this way to cool of a doggie to be a stray doggie belonged to. So, we did and we got the call that they were on their way to pick up their beloved guy. The kids did the right thing, they rescued him from being in the streets where he too easily may have been hit, they created signs to hang around the neighborhood, and Coral placed calls to the Pound and Humane Society. It was magical to watch them fall in love so quickly and yet let him go so easily too. I did the what felt right and stayed present, falling for the doggie too, falling in love with my kids falling in love, and yet still encouraging his return home to his people. Doing the right thing is not always easy, but always feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment